Surrey is the hottest housing investment market in British Columbia
According to a Real Estate Investment Network, Surrey is the hottest market for housing investment in British Columbia, followed by Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows in second postition and Kamloops holding the third spot. Read the full report here.
The report looked at the prospects invetment opportunities across the province of British Columbia and identified the towns and cities projected to outperform in the nedt 10 years. Some of the key factors used in the study included:
The rate of population growth compared to the provincial average
- New infrastructures being built to handle population growth.
- Current and new employment opportunities in the area.
- Potiticall stability and leadership in ceating growth in teh area.
- Local leadership to take advantage of the economic and real estate growth.
- Planned transportation improvements and other infra structures projects to support growth.
The towns that were ranked trom top to bottom 11 spots are:
- Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows
- Fort St. John
- Dawson Creek
- Comox Valley
- Prince George
Affordability and proximity would be the likely reasons for investors from Greater Vancouver and Faser Valley buying investment properties in Surrey, Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows and Abbortford.